In addition to formal schooling and medical training, there are certain skills and qualities that someone should have in order to excel as a medical assistant:
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Are you interested in medicine and health care?
- Are you courteous and professional?
- Can you multitask?
- Are you detail-oriented and well-organized?
- Are you a good listener?
- Is your appearance neat, clean and well-groomed?
- Can you maintain patient confidentiality?
- Do you have the physical ability to perform office duties?
If you answered yes to most or all of these questions, then medical assisting might be the career choice for you.