Man Eats Untold Number of Cockroaches then Dies

Though it could scarcely be considered health advice, it’s probably not a good idea to enter a live bug eating contest – no matter what the prize. A 32 year old West Palm Beach man named Edward Archbold learned that the hard way after dying shortly after consuming a baffling quantity of live worms and cockroaches.

Several contest showed up to the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach on Friday for a chance to win a highly coveted (apparently) python. It was Archbold however who was in it to win it and showed up with his A-Game seemingly not having eaten prior to the contest.

“I don’t even think he was chewing them at one point, he was more or less swallowing them,” eye-witness Mason Kahzam said.

Shortly after winning first place, Archbold began to vomit up the untold number of roaches he ate, collapsed in front of the store and was later pronounced dead. The medical examiner has yet to determine an official cause of death.

It is unclear what became of the prize python.

(Source: NBC Miami)

Posted in blog Tagged , , ,