Earn your medical assisting degree while studying in absolute paradise! From the sunny shores of Oahu and Honolulu you can become a medical assistant and join one of the steadiest growing fields in today’s economy. Though it may be small and relatively isolated from the rest of the continental United States, Hawaii has a high demand for medical assistants to perform helpful tasks and keep Hawaii one of the healthiest states in the union. Look through our list below to find which school works best for you. You’ll find schools offering competitive yet flexible schedules with many online courses available as well.
As a Hawaii medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Hawaii:
- Average annual salary: $34,070
- Currently employed: 3,170
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Hawaii Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job