From the idyllic John Hughes-esque neighborhoods of the Quad Cities to the busy streets of the Windy City Chicago, Illinois has plenty of opportunities for people pursuing all types of career paths. Among them, medical assisting in Illinois is a fantastic and rewarding choice for anyone looking to move up in the world. Keep in mind that you don’t have to be living in Chicago or Naperville to obtain your degree either, our list of schools below has a good number of ground campuses in Illinois as well as online schools catering to just about any busy life schedule. See for yourself!
As an Illinois medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $30,500
- Currently employed: 17,350
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job