From the idyllic John Hughes-esque neighborhoods of the Quad Cities to the busy streets of the Windy City Chicago, Illinois has plenty of opportunities for people pursuing all types of career paths. Among them, medical assisting in Illinois is a fantastic and rewarding choice for anyone looking to move up in the world. Keep in mind that you don’t have to be living in Chicago or Naperville to obtain your degree either, our list of schools below has a good number of ground campuses in Illinois as well as online schools catering to just about any busy life schedule. See for yourself!
As an Illinois medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $30,500
- Currently employed: 17,350
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now