For those who might find themselves at a crossroads in their life, Indiana, the Crossroads of America is a great place to start your new career in Medical Assisting. Regardless of if you find yourself in the busy cities of Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville or one of the smaller outlying cities, you’re sure to find the educational resources you need. Browse the collection of schools below and find the institution that’s just right for your needs. You’ll find a great selection of traditional classroom courses and online programs that are sure to get you on the road to your new career as a medical assistant.
As an Indiana medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Indiana:
- Average annual salary: $27,910
- Currently employed: 11,180
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Indiana Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now