For those who might find themselves at a crossroads in their life, Indiana, the Crossroads of America is a great place to start your new career in Medical Assisting. Regardless of if you find yourself in the busy cities of Indianapolis, Fort Wayne, Evansville or one of the smaller outlying cities, you’re sure to find the educational resources you need. Browse the collection of schools below and find the institution that’s just right for your needs. You’ll find a great selection of traditional classroom courses and online programs that are sure to get you on the road to your new career as a medical assistant.
As an Indiana medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Indiana:
- Average annual salary: $27,910
- Currently employed: 11,180
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Indiana Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job