Get your life back on the beam! Begin your career as a medical assistant today by enrolling in one of the fantastic schools listed below. The medical assisting career field has blossomed in recent years providing employment to over two-thousand Mainers in cities like Portland, Derry and Augusta. Below is a list of just some of the accredited schools in Maine for you to choose from. Find a school nearby you or learn online at your own pace!
As a Maine medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Maine:
- Average annual salary: $30,260
- Currently employed: 2,310
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maine Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now