Babe Ruth, the Sultan of Swat was born in Maryland and he lived his life swinging for the rafters – so why not you? No matter if you’re talking about Baltimore or the DC Metro Area, Maryland is a place of great importance. So what better place then to begin your training to become a medical assistant? Maryland schools offering medical assisting programs are listed below for you to browse through and find the one that works best for your own schedule. Swing for the rafters and start down an important life path of your own!
As a Maryland medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Maryland:
- Average annual salary: $31,590
- Currently employed: 8,510
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maryland Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now