Given that 58% of Oklahoma’s population resides within the metropolitan areas of the two largest cities Oklahoma City and Tulsa, there are a lot of medical assisting schools located within or near those cities. However it’s also important to note that several schools are now offering online medical assistant courses for those located elsewhere in the Sooner State. So browse the list of schools below and make your choice to start your medical assistant career Sooner rather than later.
As an Oklahoma medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Oklahoma:
- Average annual salary: $26,010
- Currently employed: 6,410
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oklahoma Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now
Career Step, a leading online school, focuses on helping students quickly gain the career skills they need to succeed in rapidly growing industries. With 20 years of experience, the school has trained over 70,000 students in the United States and internationally and offers programs in the allied health, administrative services, and technology industries. Career Step’s training programs are offered entirely online, and the school is committed to helping each enrolling student graduate and successfully transition to a rewarding career.
Career Step training offers you the following benefits:
- Affordably priced programs that prepare you to earn a good living
- Flexible online training that lets you learn on your schedule
- One-on-one instructor access throughout the course
- Graduate resources to help you turn your education into a job