Known as “the birthplace of a nation”, Virginia is home to Jamestown, the first of the original 13 colonies to be settled and certainly no stranger to new beginnings. What a perfect place to choose to begin your new career path in medical assisting! Find a school near you and learn the medical assistant trade in one of Virginia’s top cities like Richmond or Arlington. Browse the list below and find the school that is right for you. You’re sure to find the right combination of classroom study and online learning that can fit any schedule.
As a Virginia medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Virginia :
- Average annual salary: $29,880
- Currently employed: 10,020
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now