It’s the epicenter of American politics but with 16 medical centers and hospitals within its borders, the District of Columbia is also a national center for patient care and medical research. As such, medical assistants are always in high demand. Not only that but Washington DC medical assisting jobs have been the highest paying in the entire country for several years running. So what better place to start your medical assisting training than at a school near Washington DC? Look through the list below to find the school and degree program that works best for you or select any number of online or correspondence schools.
As a Washington DC medical assistant, you will:
- Ensure the smooth operation of a medical office
- Take care of patients’ needs
- Perform minor medical tasks
- Perform administrative duties as needed
Some career figures for medical assisting graduates in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $36,790
- Currently employed: 1,510
- Employment outlook: 34% growth
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Medical Assistant Schools Enrolling Now